Friday, August 27, 2010

Waldport, OR 2010
















After leaving Corvallis, we drove over to the coast (Waldport, OR) for 6 days of relaxing with my sister Trish and her husband Patrick and their two kids Alden and Tula who drove down from Seattle. This year we upgraded to a bigger beach house. The beach was right across the street and we enjoyed many adventures out on the sand. Lydia spent most of her time beach combing, but the rest of the kids were thrilled to just dig. (Although Nolan preferred rolling and eating!) Maintaining tradition, the minute we arrived in NewPort and first saw the ocean, James threw on his "Captain's hat". (I don't know if I have any photos of him on the OR coast where he's not wearing that hat!) The kids enjoyed shopping at their favorite store, Pirate's Plunder and James and I had a relaxing anniversary afternoon strolling around Newport's Nye Beach and Historic Bayfront. The new beach house included a pool table, foos ball and ping pong and ping pong wars became the favorite pastime after the kids went to sleep. (Unfortunately, James and I came out on the loosing end but there's always next time!)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, James and his hat make me laugh so much. It's very him (and I like the nice Nolan touch to the whole outfit. :))

    ReplyDelete